Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

BBQ Smoke-Off

August 30 - August 31

BBQ Cook-off Canton Texas

Do you consider yourself the BEST Pitmaster in town? Have SMOKIN’ BBQ skills that can’t be beaten? Or maybe you are just looking for fun and friendly competition! We have the event for you…Register for Silver Spur Resort’s BBQ Smoke-Off, August 30-31!

Adult Cook-off

The entry fee is $175 and includes THREE CATEGORIES: Brisket, Chicken & Ribs with an 80% Payout to the top three winners! An optional add-on includes Burnt Ends, Beans & Bloody Mary for an additional $15 (only one winner per category).

This is a GREAT way to kick-off Labor Day Weekend! Entries include use of resort amenities…our pool, fishing in a stocked pond, games and more! We are offering registered participants one standard pull-through RV spot at the special rate of $25 per night, all weekend! Please call us at 903-420-1400 to reserve your spot!

Judging

Turn-in and judging will take place in the climate-controlled Barn. Turn-in times on Saturday are as follows:

  • 10:00 am: Beans
  • 11:00 am: Chicken
  • 12:00 pm: Ribs
  • 1:00 pm: Bloody Mary
  • 2:00 pm: Burt Ends
  • 3:00 pm: Brisket

Payout

The Silver Spur Resort is donating our 20% split to the Van Zandt First Responders Fund. This means $35 of each entry goes right to the Fund 🙌 The other 80% is paid out to the top three winners!

Kids Cook-off

Let the kids test their skills, too! Friday, August 30th, we’ll have a Kids Porkchop Cook-Off for $15 with a 100% payout!

Details

Porkchop turn-in will be 8:00 pm on Friday night. Porkchops can be smoked, grilled, etc but MUST be cooked on wood. Judging will be based on taste, smell, and look. We will donate pork chops to kids if needed. Payout places will depend on the number of entries we get.

Contact Jeff Durham with additional questions at 903-420-1400 or email Jeff@TheSilverSpurResort.com. Register for this SMOKIN’ event today!

Register Today!


Searching Availability…


Share this:

Details

Start:
August 30
End:
August 31

Venue

Silver Spur Resort
13785 State Hwy 19
Canton, TX 75103
+ Google Map
Phone:
(903) 420-1400
Website:
thesilverspurresort.com
Share this: