Rooster Fest 2021
August 6 @ 5:00 pm - August 7 @ 11:00 pm$25
Rooster Fest 2021
Rooster Fest was an idea sparked by the Red Dirt Roosters and the Silver Spur Resort of Canton, TX as a way to showcase the premier talent of East Texas in the wake of the recent pandemic as well as join together as a community and give a little back as well. This festival will be unlike anything East Texas has seen with a huge lineup of East Texas musicians, a wide range of activities, and fun for the whole family to enjoy!
5K Walk/Run for Charity
We mentioned giving back as well…The Rooster Family has HUGE hearts. They have to, because their littlest rooster Logan, son of Red Dirt Roosters banjo player Jordan, was only born with half a heart. So they want to give back to an organization that has made tremendous efforts into the research of the different congenital heart diseases that affect so many children. Not only are we donating 10% of the festival proceeds to the Children’s Heart Foundation, but we are also holding a 5k heart walk/run the morning of August 7th at 9 am with 100% of the proceeds of the race going to the Children’s Heart Foundation and medals and prizes for the winners of each respective category of entry. Registration for the 5k race will begin at 8 am and registration is $20. ALL race proceeds will be donated to the Children’s Heart Foundation.
There will be a BBQ competition to be judged on Saturday afternoon. All team submissions can now be booked by visiting the BBQ Smoke-Off event page. Any questions should be directed to Jeff Durham at the Silver Spur Resort. We certainly look forward to seeing all of the different competitors from all over the state to make this one epic BBQ hoedown to remember! Click here to be directed to the IBCA website for official rules and details.
Schedule & Lineup
Friday, August 6th:
- White Trash Wannabes All-Star Electic Jam
- Texas Bluegrass Revue Campfire Pickers Circle
Learn more about Friday's schedule of events
Saturday, August 7th:
- Bright Grey Daze
- Cadillac Blu
- Clint & The Cosmic Wake
- Daniel Westmoreland
- David Lindley
- Hannah Dot Cook
- J Tone The Unseen
- The Joanitones
- Jonathon Allen
- The Kirbys
- Lucas Kelm
- Maxwell & The Myth
- Nathan Vasquez
- Outlaw Republic
- Rasco & Co.
- Red Dirt Roosters
- Red Feather Tribe
- The Rousties
- Roy Deestroy
- Shane Rendon
- Tin & Tonic
- TK Brown
- White Trash Wannabees
Learn more about Saturday's schedule of events
- Bounce Houses
- Escape Room
- Mechanical Bull
- Cornhole & Horsehoe Tournaments
- Old-Fashioned Sack Races
- Paddle Boats
- Human Foosball
- Acoustic Picker Circles
- Arts & Crafts
- BBQ Competition
- And SO. MUCH. MORE!
- Primitive Camping- $20 per night
- Standard Tent Site (2 tent sites share a 65-foot concrete RV site with electric/water/sewage) – $25
- Premium Tent Site Camping with Waterfront Spot (2 tent sites share a 65-foot concrete RV site with electric/water/sewage) – $30 per night
- Standard RV Site (a 65-foot concrete RV site with electric/water/sewage)- $45
How to Book
- Select your ticket type by clicking “Book Now” on either the one-day pass or two-day pass below. (The one-day pass allows you to choose a pass for either Friday, August 6th, or Saturday, August 7th. The two-day pass allows entry for both days, and dates are pre-set.)
- Enter the number of tickets needed and select “Continue” to proceed
- (Optional) Add camping to your reservation by clicking the desired option. If you need camping options or dates not listed, please contact Silver Spur Resort at 903-420-1400.
- Enter your contact information and proceed to checkout
If you want to include an Escape Room Adventure, BOOK IT NOW!! There are only so many slots available
Don’t forget your sunscreen and plenty of water! We will have hydration stations set up, but we want you to be reminded not to overheat as it will be the beginning of August in the Texas sun…
Make sure to bring soap, shampoo, sanitizer and other toiletries you might need. Nothing like the smell of crusty campers in the morning…
Respect those wearing masks, we are giving you the freedom to choose whether you wear one or not, however we are NOT giving you the freedom to be disrespectful to someone that has chosen differently than you. RESPECT AND LOVE ABOVE ALL ELSE!!
That being said, we are required to have off duty police officers as security. ANY and ALL tomfoolery will be dealt with accordingly. This is a family friendly event and we will have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for poor behavior
Make sure to bring cash, as not all vendors will take cards not to mention, the bartenders, as well as the musicians appreciate it when you tip them for a job well done!
Most Importantly… Y’ALL HAVE FUN AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!!!